John, Christel, Kaden, Avery and Baby Girl on the way



Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcome Avery Ann Thompson!

Avery Ann Thompson was born on November 15, 2010 at 11:06am. She was 8lbs 2oz and 19.5 inches long! She is just as sweet as can be! We love her so much. I had been much anticipating her arrival and so glad she is now with us!
Avery and her Daddy!
Avery and her Mommy!
The delivery of Avery was very easy. I woke up at 4am with contractions a little over 5 minutes apart. I waited for about a half hour to make sure they didn't go away and it was the real thing. John woke up and noticed that the bathroom light was on and I was sitting up in our bed with a watch. I told him that I had been having regular contractions and to go take a shower if he wanted to and that I was going to call my sister Suzy to come over and stay with Kaden so we could go to the hospital.
When they checked me at the hospital I was dialated to a 5, so it was time to order up the epideral. About an hour later I got it. I was ready for it! The contractions weren't as bad as they were with Kaden, but I think I learned to manage through them better...I actually did some breathing! About 4 hours later I was ready to push...3 pushes later...there came Avery!
She looked just like Kaden when he was born except with a different nose. As time has gone on she is taking on her own look! She learned to nurse very easily, thankfully (Kaden was a terrible nurser). She has been really good so far. She is sleeping on her own at night and just waking up every 3 hours or so to eat, so I am getting some sleep! The second baby is much easier than the first, mostly because I am not so paranoid that I am not doing the right thing. Avery is not as fussy as Kaden which helps..Kaden had stomach issues when he was born.
Kaden couldn't come to the hospital because it is flu season, which I was totally bummed about. When we came home for the hospital he was waiting for us. He was very excited about meeting his little sister. He immediately wanted to give her a big hug and kiss. He just wanted to touch her and love her. Of course it was a little difficult becuase his soft isn't so soft. He has been really good with her. He is very intersted in what she is doing. When she makes a noise Kaden will copy her noise. He wants to help change her diaper. If she doesn't have a blanket Kaden gets her one. He wants to share his stuff with her as well, his milk, his monkey, his blanket etc. He is very cute with her, but we have to keep a very close eye on him. He lashes out when he gets really excited so we have to be on our toes!
Such a sweet baby girl! Boy, do we love her so much!So little...so sweet! I am so happy she is finally here!

4 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

She is so beautiful, Christel! I can not wait to meet her. Rocklin has been sick so we didn't want to bring our germs over to your house, but hopefully we will get to meet sweet little Avery VERY soon! Sounds like you guys are doing well, and I'm happy to hear she's a good nurser and sleeper!

jen said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable! I'm so glad that things went smooth, that is great. It's exciting to watch your family grow. I look forward to meeting her someday!

Pattersons said...

what a beauty! and so fun that big brother is just loving her to pieces:) congratulations!!!

Lynn said...

Congratulations you guys! What a sweet little addition to your family...with a particularly nice name if I do say so myself :)