John, Christel, Kaden, Avery and Baby Girl on the way



Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kaden uses the Potty!

Such a big boy! We haven't been potty training Kaden, but we did buy him a cars potty seat a few months ago. He is very interested in the potty and is always there to escort whoever needs to go!On April 21st, we got up and went downstairs as usual to have breakfast. As I was getting Avery's breakfast ready, Kaden started saying, "poo poo" and tugging at his diaper. I wasn't sure if he really needed to go or what he was doing. He just looked at him again tugging at his diaper and said "poo poo." I asked him if he needed to go poo poo, do you want to go in the potty? He shook his head intently so I said, "hurry, hurry...let's go!" We ran into the bathroom and took off his diaper. He sat there and looked at me. Meanwhile, Avery was not so patient waiting for her breakfast. So, I told Kaden that I would be right back I was going to check on sis. I really just wanted to see what he did if I gave him some privacy. Sure enough, he pooed in the potty!!! We were very excited and celebrated and of course took a picture! He got a special treat of 3 Hershey Kisses! He LOVES chocolate! I was so proud of him especially because we never had really pushed the issue. He has sat on the potty a couple times just to try it out, but that was it! What a big boy! He has gone a couple more times since, but still not pursuing it full time!

No comments: